Dienstag, 31. März 2015

My Handbags - Part One

I believe that every girl has at least one weak spot when it comes to shopping. Mine are definitely handbags. When people ask me "where did all your money go?" I have to reply with "I am carrying it with me." I have always liked a nice bag to complete an outfit, but during the past few years it has become an slight obsession. My mom can't understand why I spend a lot of money on designer handbags, she always says "how many expensive bags does a 21-year old need?" Truth is I don't just carry designer handbags, I also own a few high street store purses, it is just a coincidence that a lot of the bags I love are from designers. I absolutely love to watch videos about peoples handbags- and shoe collections on Youtube, that's why I thought I would write a post about mine. 


DISCLAIMER: This blog post is not sponsored. All opinions are my own. I have purchased most of the items on my own, some were presents from my family. 

I own quite a few bags, that's why I have decided to split my collection in two blog posts - the bigger ones and the little ones.



I bought this shoulder bag a few years bag at H&M and to be honest, I totally forgot about it until I found it again recently and I have used it a lot again ever since. It's pretty casual and perfect for during the summer. I think it was around 20 -25€ / 21 - 27$ back then.



This is the biggest bag (size L) out of the "Longchamp Le Pliage Nylon" collection and it was a present by my parents for my 19th birthday and something very different for me, as I used to carry mostly smaller and dark colored bags two years ago. I really like the size, though at the moment I mostly use it as my gym back. You can purchase exactly the same bag here



This is my newest Longchamp piece and I got it for my 21st birthday from my grandparents. I am obsessed with my "Le Pliage Backpack" and I wear it all the time. It's so nice to go shopping (for example) and have both hands free, instead of using one to carry a handbag around. You can purchase it here and here



This "Louis Vuitton Sac Noe" is one of the rather expensive one pieces out of my whole collection. I bought it about two months ago at the vintage store. I prefer the Louis Vuitton bags vintage instead of brand new, because I like the way the light brown leather looks with the patina. For those of you who don't know what a patina is. Patina is when leather turns darker over the years. The light brown leather of a brand new LV bag will be even lighter, kind of white-ish. You can purchase the exact one (new) here


I know, this bag has seen better days. It looks so used, because it used to be my every day school bag. We used to use laptops in school and I was looking for a bag big enough to fit my mine when I found this one on Amazon. You can find the same one in a different color here.



I bought this "Kurt Geiger Saffiano London Tote" as an Christmas present for myself via the Harrods Online Shop. I saved up for this "treat" for a while, but I am so happy with this bag. It is so beautiful and I can wear it with literally every kind of outfit style, dresses, jeans, etc. You can buy the exact one in a different color here




I got this Coach bag as an graduation present from my parents last year. It is one of my favorite pieces (though I would probably say that all of my bags are my favorite). It shape and color is perfect to wear on a daily basis, with every kind of outfit - no matter what color it has as you can combine black with everything. I don't think the sell the exact one anymore, but you can purchase a similar one here.



This "Louis Vuitton Speedy 30" was my first more expensive designer handbag and I bought it almost two years ago at the same vintage store, I also got my LV Sac Noe from. The Speedy is such an iconic handbag and I believe that it doesn't matter how old you are it will always suit you. You can buy the exact one (new) here.


I bought this shopper at H&M two years ago. It is the handbag I mostly carry for work. I love the size, you can fit everything you need and more in it. H&M doesn't sell the exact one anymore, but you can buy similar ones here and here.





About a year ago I was super obsessed with the "Alexander Wang Rocco Bag", but it was (and still is) way out of my prince range. Luckily I found a very similar bag (not a AW fake!) on eBay for around 25€. I love its style and the silver parts on the bottom! Its edgy, I really enjoy styling it with a casual outfit.


I am very excited about this light blue trapeze shaped bag, as I only bought it today! I don't own a bag in that shape or color, and I believe that I will carry it all the time during spring and summer. You can buy the exact one from Zara here

I hope you enjoyed seeing some of my "babies", as I like to call them. I will probably upload Part 2 of my collection, the one about my smaller bags within the next few weeks.

I would love to hear about your "weak shopping spot" and which of my bags you liked the most.

Tweet me @germerican_lj or email me: germerican-lj@gmx.de

X's O's,
L.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen